Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SKETCHBOOK TUESDAY-DOWNTOWN

Hey Everyone!

It is SKETCHBOOK Tuesday! 


There was a threat of rain in the overcast sky, my dear friend Rhoda and I sat outside under the umbrella along with an older man and woman sitting at a table nearby having coffee watching as people wandered in and out of the bagel shop. 


 The first thing that comes to mind is what a picture-perfect little place it is to sketch with a beautiful bubbling tiered fountain and quaint herringbone brick pattern patio, café tables and market umbrellas, surrounded by lush green flowering bushes and trees.

 Arrrgh! Why didn’t I bring my sketchbook?!?! I was not prepared on Sunday after church for the spur of the moment plan to have a bagel with my friend, oh well, next time, right? I did have a camera phone handy, so  I shot a few photos to help recreate the scene in my sketchbook later. 

Being super shy about sketching in public so honestly speaking, even if the sketchbook were in my purse, I probably would not whip it out anyway.

Really, I keep telling myself that I MUST get over my fear of sketching in public. Anyone else out there that feels this way? Any suggestions would be welcomed. 

Grab some paper and pencil and go SKETCH! 

Have a wonderful day!
Suzy

1 comment:

Sketchbook Wandering said...

I feel shy in certain situations too...But in many places I find that people aren't really paying attention to me. Also, I do put away my book or hide it if I'm aware that someone is coming to peek & it's making me uncomfortable. I sometimes forget my sketching stuff, but like to try to keep it with my bag at all times, ready to go.