Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Little Over It

Hello Everyone!

Happy Summer!  It's been a little over a year since my last post. Once again I managed to fall off the blog-O-sphere after trying to re-establish the SketchyGirlz blog with my best friend last year. It just was a bit overwhelming (to both of us) trying to keep up with two blogs, working full time and creating art. That's how it happened....Now, it is time for a fresh start once again.

How is your summer going?  Are you working on anything new?  Living in south Florida, the average temperature each day is in the 90's so it may seem a bit strange to know that knitting is one of my hobbies.  Most people think of knitting as a winter activity but because of the warmer hot temperatures here, it becomes a summer activity for me.  I enjoy looking for knitting patterns and taking classes online during the summer months and have several knitting projects going.  In the knitting world, these are called WIPs or Works in Progress. My latest WIPs are a sweater knit-a-long (KAL), a few baby hats (charity donation) and finishing up a cabled pattern blanket (almost done with that project!). Any knitters out there that can identify with the WIPs?  I'd love to hear from you.
The Knit-A-Long (KAL) is where you join a group of knitters for a specific project during a period of time.  The KAL is new to me, my first one!  I'll talk more about it in an upcoming post.

On the ART palette are several works that have been completed and another ICAD project (Index Card A Day) which I'll be sharing with you soon.  Each year I challenge myself to do the ICAD for 30 days.  You can see my previous works by clicking on the side bar. Meanwhile here's a glimpse of the recent challenge and I'll be posting more in the coming weeks.

My daughter and family visited recently and we had a great night out at "Painting With A Twist". This was a totally new experience for me, painting in a group setting where everyone paints the same design and it was SO much fun!  We painted a beach scene and every single painting was different! Fun seeing what everyone was doing and how they interpreted the theme.  I'd definitely do it again and would encourage everyone to try it at least once!  Take a group of friends and enjoy the evening painting and having a blast.

Let me know what summer projects you've been working on!  I'd love to hear from you.

Bee Creative,
Suzy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes we have had some art ups and downs haven't we?
I admire your art so very much and hoping we will have another opportunity before too long to make some new memories to add to the many many we have shared over the past 40 years. Forge ahead. You ROCK!

Anne Payne said...

Time flies when you're having fun! Looks like y'all had a great time painting the beach scenes. they're so pretty!
Update my blog address in your sidebar. :)
I tried to subscribe by email and feedburner wasn't working. :(

Breesmimi said...

Thanks Bon, yeah we've had a few ups & downs but pressing onward. Hope we will be able to get together soon. Love you. Suzy

Breesmimi said...

Hey Anne, time sure flies by for sure! We had a great time painting the beach scenes in a fun studio venue. I'll get you updated on my sidebar, but you might need to message me with your blog info. Thanks for the heads up on email, I'll get it corrected. Love you. Suzy

Jeanna said...

Welcome back, Suzy! I look forward to keeping up with all of your creations here.

I have plenty of WiPs and I am knocking them off one at a time :)