Thursday, November 21, 2013

MICHIGAN TRIP JOURNAL PAGES

Hi Everyone!


I've been working on my Michigan journal pages.  I prepped a few pages ahead of time knowing that time would be limited but due to luggage constraints I left the journal at home.


Using Dylusions spray ink, I spritz the pages and glued in a Mitten map, the shape of Michigan and a bold date stamp for the opening page.  
Bountiful produce
Another pre-prepped page with pink and orange acrylic paint.  It reminded me of the bountiful produce at the Farmer's produce stands.  Loved seeing the fresh fruits and veggies, the biggest pumpkins and gourds.  It was a delight to this girl's eyes.

A little collage of photos taken of my daughter and grandson along with a watercolor I did of the Holland Lighthouse. We didn't get to actually go to the lighthouse because it was under reconstruction do to the shifting sands. I found a photo on line and painted from that. 
Let's celebrate! We had lots to celebrate on my visit.  My BFF's and my belated birthdays, daughter Amanda's birthday and baby Jackson turning 6 months old.
I should have gotten pictures of the birthday girls and boy! The background is paper I painted designs on and then glued into the journal.  I liked it so much, so why not use it?
At the Apple Farm with the Mommy Group picking apples for the very first time in my life!  What fun this was.  I kept the label from a bottle of water to commemorate the event.  I love the tree stamp, it was such fun to use colored pencils and a water brush to complete the look.

Thanks for joining me today! I'd love to hear what you think of my journal pages. Drop me a comment if you have time.

Happy Journaling!
Suzy

3 comments:

Julierose said...








hi Suzy!
I love your journal pages; I haven't done my sketchbook for a long time now. I think your entries are wonderful and whimsical. Great memories to look back on...hugs, Julierose

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Wildly creative, I can feel your great energy here in recording your memories...our pages are inspiring me, I'm wondering if I could expand my journaling process...

Anonymous said...

Love all your pages! Loved the photos while you were there. What a great trip. xox