Tuesday, June 25, 2013

TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE CRAYONS!

Hi Everyone!

  I found the tin my children kept their crayons stashed in.  It's old and rusted, a bit beat up and has a Teddy Bear Picnic scene on the lid.  I couldn't pitch it, really, the memories were too strong, taking me back to simpler times when they sat at their little wooden table. I could see it in my mind, then I opened the lid and I was a goner. Sigh, the smell of childhood....crayons! I LOVE crayons!!  Come on, you KNOW what I'm talkin' about.

The crayons weren't in the best shape but I decided right then and there that I would make a page in my journal using these crayons. Out came the applique iron (never used for applique by the way) because I had bought it for this very purpose of melting crayons. Sorting the crayons by colors, piles of beautiful colors!! 

Have you tried melting crayons? The smell is divine...crayons on high! Dabbing the melted goodness, smearing it with my trusty iron had me giddy as a kid! Here's my sample pages.


 
Greens 
I love the coolness of the greens so reminds me of deep summer when leaves on the trees are so full and luscious.



Autumn Splendor
I call this page Autumn Splendor, it reminds me of the mountains in fall.  


Spring time
This reminds me of spring's soft colors. Aren't these yummy? 
Melting Wax & Stamps
Here I'm playing with the crayons and stamps to see what happens. My notes say the stamps become transparent with crayons on them. 

 Ok, well that was fun! Hope you will take time to smell the crayons this summer and remember what it's like to be a kid again.

Happy Coloring!
Suzy


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crayons rock....I love to use them in my journaling and become a kid again. I have a big pack of 48 colors and love to play just like you. Like that little note about the stamps, good tip! xox

Anne Payne said...

Coolly creative, sistah!

Kari said...

I love crayons too! When my kids were littler, I would buy myself a big box (64 count) and my OWN coloring book and I'd stash it somewhere so that only I could use them. This way, my crayons were always in the best shape and none of my "masterpieces" were scribbled on. Of course, I colored with the kids too, but I kept this stash hidden away just for me.