Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Flower Girl Basket & Wedding Aisle Decorations

Hello Everyone! 

Last week I shared with you a tutorial on how to make the Wedding Card Box, and in keeping with the wedding theme, today I'd like to share the basket I hand-made for our Flower Girl.  
Materials for Wedding Card Box, Flower Girl Basket and flowers. 

I took the original basket (above) in dark brown and transformed it into the one you see below.  
Flower Girl Basket


The outer basket is padded with a bit of cotton batting and is gathered on the bottom and a separate circle cut from a file folder is used to cover the bottom gathers and stabilize the basket. It was hand sewn into place to keep the bottom flat. The inner basket lining is also gathered at the bottom with another covered circle piece placed at the bottom.  

After wrapping the handles with satin ribbon, I didn't like the look of where it attached to the basket. Normally one would just add ribbons and fru-fru to cover up the handles but Amanda was going for something less frilly. There was also a seam where the two linings were sewn together that I didn't care for on the edge of the basket, so I decided to add some pearls to cover that up. Well, a few pearls later....and the final touch was adding  a big silk flower to one side and called it done. 

Here's another wedding craft project you might want to consider: making your own aisle decorations!  Easy enough....I Googled "wedding aisle decorations" and a bunch of ideas popped up! .  I made these paper cones to hold white hydrangeas in the wedding theme colors. 
Flower Cones 
Here's where I got the idea of how to make the Flower Cones: Thanks to diy.weddingbee.com and inspiration from Flower Cones by rosesandhydrangeas for the great tutorial. 

I hope you have enjoyed the glimpse into my wedding crafting and will be inspired to try your own wedding craft too!  

Blessings,
Suzy

Linking to: http://www.freckledlaundry.com & http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com





4 comments:

Anne Payne said...

You did a lot of work but all your projects look so beautiful! I love Bree's basket :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, what a beautiful makeover of that basket, Suzy! I love the way it turned out. The pearls along the top make for a beautiful finishing touch. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog! : )

Breesmimi said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments.

Unknown said...

Your basket is gorgeous. Love the linen and pearls. Your paper cones are lovely too! Thank you for sharing with air your laundry friday, Suzy!