Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cups Mugs and China

Hello Friends!

Most mornings I drink coffee from a TO GO mug on the way to work and at my desk I swill it down when I get a break.  It is a real treat when I can spend time at home with an actual HOT cup of coffee. I prefer to use my favorite cup and savor the flavor of Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla.  Last fall my church had a rummage sale, I had admired these cups at Pier 1 many years ago and got them at the rummage sale for the  bargain price of $1.00 each. SCORE!



My Grandmother (Granny) had a beautiful set of china with dogwoods on each plate and cup.  Often on Sundays we would have a family dinner with her and she would use her beautiful china.  When she passed away, I inherited her china.  I love these delicate cups and even have one I use in my studio (the handle broke and I couldn't bear to throw it out) to wash my watercolor brush in when I'm painting.


You might have seen this plate before in one of my journals but since we are on the subject of china, I thought you might like to see them again.  On this journal page I "spill" about my desire for "new" china and the thought of parting with the old stuff.  

This is another journal page where I talk about the plate and my mother's love for china, apparently I have inherited that desire to collect miscellaneous plates.

Anyone else like to collect mismatched china or plates just because you like the design?  I know that I'm not alone in this....

Do tell....

Suzy

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

You really scored big time when you found those cups at the rummage sale.

I do not collect mismatched china on purpose, it must happens :)

Anne Payne said...

You know moma passed this on to both of us. Did you get her breakfast plates? I wish I had one of those teacups from Granny's set. That would be a real treat. :)