Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

Hello Everyone!

Happy first day of  May!  Can you hear the shouts of HELP! HELP! HELP! (May Day, May Day, May Day!) coming from this screen? Last week I was taking a leap of faith in linking to Make a Friend Friday, over at Sew Many Ways! This week I'm in the process of learning how to add new features to my blog. Maybe you already know about linking up, gadgets, buttons and such  if you are the least bit computer savvy, but for me, it is a big learning curve.  I'm not the most techno-savvy person you'll meet but I do enjoy learning new (to me) things from time to time.  So bear with me while I make these changes and feel free to offer advice or how-to information (be kind and K.I.S.S.).  I was recently thrilled when Karen of Sew Many Ways shared with me how to "fix" my email issue (thanks Karen!).  On her blog she provides a nice tutorial called Blog Buddy in which she answers blogging questions. Check it out! http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com. Oh, you will love this blog! She has wonderful tips and projects! Tell her I sent you!

Anyhoo, you might notice (I hope) the two new pages that are under construction? They are  Bible Verse Journal and Art Journal just in case you didn't see them.  I'm pretty geeked up about sharing these journals with you!  Here's a bit of a "pre-construction zone" view of  the Bible Verse Journal and how it all started only a week ago.  I was checking out some blogs that had recently peaked my interest on Pinterest when I came across  a blog artist named Nancy Babb, and her blog site http://polly-wollydoodle.blogspot.com/  (love that name!) and instantly was drawn to her Bible Verse Challenge page. After reading the challenge and praying about it, I wrote a note to my BFF who had just that day told me that she wanted to do "more spiritual artwork" and asked her to check it out and tell me if she would like to have a little challenge.  She promptly replied, "YES!" and we agreed that we would do a private daily challenge using the Bible verses provided by http://www.biblegateway.com.  I would encourage you to check out Polly-Wolly Doodle  and sign up to participate with Nancy on her Bible Verse Challenge! And I hope you will come back and follow along with me on this journey of both spiritual and artistic growth.  

Now, let me tell you give you my disclaimer on the Art Journal. I don't consider myself an artist really, I just like to dabble and play with my art supplies, paper and scissors. The Art Journal is where I go to work out the stuff in my head.  Doodles, colors, thought process, etc.  Some times the pages are Smash work. Smash work is where you put bits and pieces you've collected during the day  into a journal page....I like that kind of art myself, especially when traveling, it is a great way to keep a daily page reminder without lots of writing. Have glue stick will travel!! Maybe I'll make a Travel Journal page to share with you!  Any way, the point of the Art Journal is to do something daily, I don't always have time to do a page a day but when I do, it is a joy to work in my journal. I look forward to sharing my journals with you.
Blessings!
Suzy

2 comments:

Anne Payne said...

I am loving your new blog layout! Very pretty and feminine :) I also like the idea of your new pages. Looking forward to seeing your art, and Bible is always great!

Breesmimi said...

Thank you Ann for your kind comments on my new layout changes. I'm
looking forward to posting my journal pages soon. Meanwhile, please go check out Polly-Wolly Doodle! Just click on the button to the right! Have fun!