Friday, December 27, 2013

AFTER CHRISTMAS THOUGHTS

Hi Everyone!

Here we are just two days after Christmas and what are we,  am I doing? Surfing the Internet and checking out Pinterest, eating leftover turkey sandwiches, thinking about next year's projects and maybe a New Year's Resolution or two.  Does that sound familiar to you?  It is the cold hard truth about what I've been doing.  Nothing very exciting.  Unless you think ordering knitting needles qualify for exciting (more on that later).

 After all the hustle and bustle leading up to Christmas, it is time to relax and chill out, ponder on the past events and what's coming up in the next year.  Do you have your calendars ready for 2014?
 How many people still have a calendar to write on???  Raise your hands!  I keep both a written calendar and an electronic one on my phone (more on that later).  I've already jotted a few lines on the desk top calendar for the next year, the usual birthdays and anniversary dates, an upcoming meeting and a doctor's appointment.  It is amazing how fast that calendar gets filled up.  There's also some pre-planning going on for blog land post for the new year.  I can't tell you anything just yet, still working through the details in my head. Yes, that is where it is all stored, in the noggin (scary thought huh?!).

Thought I'd better get a little organized for the next few months while my daughter and grandson will be visiting.  They will be here soon and then I'll need that calendar to keep me straight!  We are really looking forward to seeing our little grandson and spending time watching him grow. He just turned nine months and is on the verge of crawling!  That means keeping everything off the floor, watching to see that he doesn't eat anything that will harm him. Looking at the floor in my studio right now, there are sequins sprinkled here and there, fabric scraps and miscellaneous papers that have escaped the trash baskets, all which could be hazardous to a little one's health. That room will definitely be off limits to our little crawler.

Next week the Christmas tree will come down and ornaments and decorations will be put away for another year, and our house will be back to order.  January is cleaning, de-cluttering and re-organizing month.  One room a week, one drawer, one closet at a time.  I'll start in the guest room since that is where my daughter and grandson will be staying (and it is the easiest room)....

Oooops, I think I might have given away a January blog post secret.  Oh well!  Come back and see what gets done <wink>.

Take care until then....
Suzy




4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Ordering knitting needles? I'm intrigued!

How exciting to have your family visit for a bit...hope you all have fun.

I also start the de-cluttering and cleaning in January. Unfortunately, things are so out of control at my place right now that it will take me more than one month to get through it all.

I'm looking forward to your January posts.

Rosie said...

Sounds like your after Christmas is very much like mine! Relaxing and eating left-overs.

Anonymous said...

I have tackled some cleaning and clearing too. Now need to do more!!! Christmas cutie there under that tree. xox

Anne Payne said...

Sounds a little like my plan for 2014. I am going to be 'intentional' about decluttering the home and several other things. Time is getting away from me though and I need to write down some serious plans :) Maybe I need one of those BIG calendars to write on! xoxo sister!